AF086: The Dirty Lies of Information Marketing with Dev Singh, Part 2
The Dirty Lies of Information Marketingwith Dev Singh, Part-2
Todays guest Dev Singh is the founder ofThe Life:Optimized Show – Optimizing Your Business, Leadership & Life.
The interview with Dev was so intriguing and eye opening that I actually ended up taking a 45 minute booking on for 2 hours. So we decided to break the content up into a 2 part series. Each episode running for 60 minutes
This is part 2 of the 2 parts.
he information Dev shared is exactly what everyone going into online business needs to know, but so few people are willing to share, a lot of this is the content that the big boys and girls keep to themselves and only share with their $30,000 a year mastermind groups.
Some of the highlights in part 2 of the 2 part series included:
- How to develop your personal branding
- The critical aspects of a strong brand
- The difference between branding and marketing
- The final letter exercise to discover your values
Dev Goes Into How To Deeply Understand Branding
Branding is the experience that your customers and clients are having in the feeling created through their relationship with you. It’s about consistently communicating the benefits and value delivered through working with you.
Marketing is the activity, set of institutions for delivering, communicating and providing offers to your customers, partners, prospects and the public at large.
Both your marketing and the experience you want people to have when they engage with your brand need to be closely connected.
The three critical aspects of branding:
The foundation that you need to build into your message is your values. What are the core values that you want to dent into the world. These need to be communicated in your message.
Next you need to work out who is the audience that your message and values will connect with.
Finally, when your changing markets, your message doesn’t always need to change but the language and style of communication may need to change for say white collar vs blue collar or tech entrepreneurs vs a service professionals.
Location Independent Strategy:
- Buy the four hour work week and read it cover to cover.
- Lock myself in a room for several weeks with that book.
- Go through with a highlighter and create a plan with the book.
- Follow the plan until I had it all implemented and made money.
- Get a domain name
- Install WordPress
- Install Optimize Press 2.0
- Use Dan Kennedy’s Ultimate Sales Letter
- Write a sales letter to sell a product
- Drive traffic to the letter and test conversion
- Record a video that is reading the copy
- Then create the product once I got sales
- Until the page is getting sales don’t create the product
- Soon as I have a 1% conversion rate, create the product
- Keep improving the sales letter to convert higher.
Dev also mentioned that he would build out a presence on sites that were into the area his product was deigned, try to get speaking gig’s to talk to the audiences interested in the product and have his presence lead to the product.
Final pearl of knowledge:
How you show up in one area of your life is how your going to show up in all areas of your life. You can’t always com-part mentalise various aspects of your life. To really get your life working in all area’s of life, you want to make sure that your running a tight ship in your behaviours in all areas of your life.
Everything starts with you as a person. If you start taking care of yourself as a person, your relationships, your home, your business and really make sure everything is well taken care of, the results your getting across the board will compound.
Dev’s site: The Life Optimized Show
Dev will be running an exclusive evening event in Sydney on Thursday 3rd July, and you can find more information and register at: http://authenticinfluence.net