AF015: Running A Digital Services Business with Tristan King, Part-2
Running A Digital Services Business with Tristan King, Part-2
How does a starting entrepreneur crush their limiting beliefs, break down the barriers holding them back and build a location independent business that sets them free?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as Tristan King from Shopify Ninjas shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about eCommerce Web Development, eCommerce Businesses and the Shopify Platform.
Tristan King is the star of Shopify Ninjas. He’s a skilled eCommerce Site Developer, eCommerce Marketer and Shopify Platform Expert. Your in for a treat as Tristan King is about to share all that experience with you now.
Secret Totems of Online Success:
Most important element to location independent success?
- Having a way to communicate with people, prospects, team members and clients. Something like: (Skype, or a Project Management System).
First foundation to lay in an internet business?
Fastest way to build a targeted email list?
- Offering a relevant high quality opt-in giveaway.
Best paid online traffic strategy?
- Google Adwords and Facebook Ads
Best offline lead generation strategy?
Who taught you the most about business?
- Tim Ferris as well as Dan and Ian from Tropical MBA
Best way to delegate?
- Learn to let go of thinking that no one can get the job done as well as you can.
Best training program you’ve ever taken?
- Lynda.com because its only $25 a month with 1000’s of courses on every skill you can imagine – Get 7 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com.
Biggest mistakes new entrepreneurs & beginner online marketers make?
- Trying to perfect everything before you’ve even got a customer.
Best book you’ve ever read?
- The Four Hour Work Week
Are mentor’s important and why?
- Yes, quite hard to find a good fit sometime, depending what you do. But they are critical!
Recommend resource that you use every day?
- Trello – Project Management
What do you think about outsourcing?
- Good when done right. You need to provide very clear instructions. i.e. get people that are better at the skill then you to do things your not strong at.
Habit you’ve formed that helped you succeed?
- Make a to do list every morning and don’t open email until you have crossed at least 3 things off it.
Most inspirational movie of all time?
- Benjamin Button
Best way to achieve expert market positioning?
- Writing blog articles about specific topics you know are not written on elsewhere.
Fastest way to learn to do good copy writing?
- Pay attention to the stuff that you enjoy reading or influences you.
How do you set and measure goals?
- By dream lines, have one tangible dream objective that I’m working towards. I will often have a few dream lines on the go, in fact three or four at one time.
Independence in 90 Days:
5 – 10 Steps to get your first 3 customers
entrepreneurs & beginner online marketers make?
- Put up a simple website quickly; that tells people this is what I do and this is who I am (I am an SEO Consultant, or a Web Developer or whatever you do).
- Look around to where people are actually wanting your services (Find at least 3 avenues where people will be looking for your services).
- Setup a mailing list and offer people a bribe to opt-in to your list (You can then follow-up with people via email).
- Get your first few clients by contacting people daily in all those three locations you’ve found.
- Make sure you ask for testimonials and referrals when you finish the project.
Amazing Business Insight:
- “Make a to do list every morning and don’t open email until you have crossed at least 3 things off it”. – Tristan King
- Shopify Ninjas: Tristan’s Shopify Development Site