AF014: Running A Digital Services Business with Tristan King, Part-1
Running A Digital Services Business with Tristan King, Part-1
How does a starting entrepreneur crush their limiting beliefs, break down the barriers holding them back and build a location independent business that sets them free?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as Tristan King from Shopify Ninjas shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about eCommerce Web Development, eCommerce Businesses and the Shopify Platform.
Tristan King is the star of Shopify Ninjas. He’s a skilled eCommerce Site Developer, eCommerce Marketer and Shopify Platform Expert. Your in for a treat as Tristan King is about to share all that experience with you now.
- Contact Josh to Sponsor the Authority Marketing Podcast Show.
New Think & Grow Rich Chapter:
- The Hard Yards
Message Of The Chapter:
- Lots of people miss-interput The Four Hour Work Week to mean go setup a simple site, get an autoresponder, write some emails, create a product, drive some traffic and then get to go sit on a beach for the rest of your life.
- The Hard Yards would detail in specifics all the hard work that Tim Ferris did before he actually got the 4 hour work week achieved. Then also detail that while he can now have 4 hour work weeks whenever he wants to, he actually doesn’t have them that often.
Impact From Both Books:
- The biggest concept that stood out to Tristan was the idea that there’s no point having unlimited time freedom if you don’t know what your going to do with your time. He really loved the exercise of working through exactly how he would life his life without being egocentric so that it’s authentic if he had unlimited money.
- Then when you’ve worked out exactly what all those things are you can break them down into real monthly, weekly, then daily costs and you then have a real plan to go after that will more than motivate you; it will authentically inspire you; if you did it without ego; you must pursue the ideas of what you really want in your truest heart centre.
- Two main obstacles came to mind for Tristan: the first was figuring out what to focus on, this is a very big challenge when your first starting out. The advice move through ideas fast because you’ll learn through trailing things, but you want to try to narrow it down to something that’s very inline with what you really want to do as fast as possible. Fail forward fast to ultimate success.
- The next thing that is a challenge for many people is finding customers. The quicker you can realise finding customers is the primary key the faster you will succeed. Go where people are actively looking for the services or products your offering, i.e. forums, service market places, conferences, and even cold call..
- Tristan was in corporate for eight or nine years before starting, he was with IBM and some other major corporates before starting Shopify Ninjas.
- He started several different small businesses online as well: sold iPhone covers, a photo albums site and a lycra bicycle pants company. None of them really took off but Tristan did find what he learned from those little projects have helped him grow as an entrepreneur.
- Shopify Ninja’s – Experts at developing eCommerce businesses on the Shopify platform.