AF013: Running A Consulting Business While Traveling with Jake Jorgovan, Part-2
Running A Consulting Business While Traveling with Jake Jorgovan, Part-2
5 to 10 Step Lesson:
Most important element to location independent success?
Strategy: Cold email prospecting sequence to generate consulting clients.
- Find a big groups of clients that are similar to ones that you’ve had great luck with in the past.
- Then create a big list of them with the business owners name, email and some details.
- Prepare a three to four step email sequence.
- I have reviewed your site; I would like to do some business with you, I’ve done some analysis and this is what I’ve found.
- Add a testimonial to the email that shows the similar businesses that you’ve worked with.
- Use the Streak and S-Ware Gmail plugin’s to schedule emails and track what emails people are opening etc.
- Wait a week send a second email saying haven’t heard from you yet, what else do you need.
- If you get any response keep emailing until you get them on to the phone.
- If people haven’t responded after 3 to 4 emails cut them lose.
The main key is to ensure that you get them on the phone before sending any kind of proposal or pricing!
Independence in 90 Days:
- Learn a skill that can be sold (this can be done on Lynda.com – with a high degree of competence – Get 7 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com. – Gift from The Authority Marketing Podcast)
- Once your competent enough start sending out cold emails based on steps above
- Once you get your first client you’ve proven you can keep doing it (believe in yourself)
- As soon as you have that client book a ticket and move to a low cost Tropical location
- As soon as you land work your tail off don’t start enjoying freedom just yet
- Get your next five clients!
- Once you have five clients, then setup your blog and consulting site!
- Keep working hard, get to 10 clients!
- Once you have 10 clients, go enjoy a couple weeks in your new country
- While your off enjoying time make sure your clients know your unavailable for awhile and their work is being done.
Note from Josh: Beyond step 10 to really get location independent it’s time to start outsourcing. Go check out: John Jonas’s interview on how to outsource to get some ideas. See John’s interview here.
- Download The Focus Sheet – A Productivity Tool by Jake Jorgovan
- Get 7 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com – Gift from Authority Marketing Podcast
Amazing Business Insight:
- “Once you get laser focused on what your trying to achieve, then success starts to come very quickly”. – Jake Jorgovan
- Jake-Jorgvan.com: Jakes personal website and blog
- Matt Newton – Web Agency Podcast