AF031: Lifestyle Design Methodology with Chris Reynolds, Part-1
Lifestyle Design Methodology with Chris Reynolds, Part-1
Going beyond entrepreneurship and becoming a socially responsible entrepreneur; would you like to build businesses and take part in projects that really change the world?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as Chris Reynolds from The One Effect shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about Socially Responsible Entrepreneurship, Online Business and Overcoming Obstacles.
Chris Reynolds is the star of The One Effect. He’s a skilled Philanthropist, Location Independent Entrepreneur and Visionary. Your in for a treat as Chris is about to share all that experience with you now.
- Contact Josh to Sponsor the Authority Marketing Podcast Show.
Made Up Think & Grow Rich Chapter:
- The Bucket List
- Burn The Bridges
Message Of The Chapter:
- The Bucket List: Write a list of 100 things that you want to do before you die. Pick out the biggest and the juiciest thing on the list. Then work out the worst thing that would happen if your did and things didn’t work out and then the best thing that would happen from doing it. Then start planning the steps to take to make it happen. Then start taking steps.
- Burn The Bridges: When you want to something amazing in life, burn the bridges behind you. Leave no path to return to your previous work or way of life. I.e. Buy a one way ticket to the country you want to visit.
Impact From Both Books:
- Think and Grow Rich – This was one of the first books that Chris read and it made a huge impact on his life and business. Chris actually formed a mastermind around the book where they read a chapter each month and then worked it into their lives and business.
- Sex transmutation was a huge impact for Chris, in Think and Grow Rich – The book talks about the fact that we are sexual beings and it’s really important that we become aware of this; because channeling the sexual energy to positive creative endeavours is very powerful; however if your not aware of your sexual energy it can lead to additions, anger and all kinds of things we see in the world. Sexual energy is very powerful and something to accept and appreciate.
- The Four Hour Work Week – Chris was totally broke when he was reading the book. He had moved back to his old home town and gone back into farming. So while he was farming, he would drive around on his tractor and listen to the audio. The message in that book was the driving force behind him getting his life back together. Chris attributes his working in Spain, Costa Rica, and working all over the world to the book.
- Valuation of Time in The Four Hour Work Week Tim talks about valuing your time in a different way to the rest of the world. In lifestyle design there is four different currencies: Time, Mobility, Dream Accumulation and Money. Of all four things time is the most important asset because it can’t be replaced. Mobility is second because being able to move around allows you to carry out dream accumulation and opens up opportunities to make different kinds of income in different locations, the third is dream accumulation that should be one of the biggest reasons why we have life right? So we can create & live our dreams and help other people live their dreams as well but so many never even get to live their dreams. One of the biggest reasons of that is they have what we have in position four which is money, they have valued as position one. Therefore they will not take any risks that it may stop coming in, the will do anything to please the person giving it to them their boss and the live with money ruling their life.
- The reason money is fourth for lifestyle designers is this:
If you can get your head around this, you are well and truly on your way to freedom!
Robert Kiyosaki’s Books:
- Chris got to the point after his first business went down that he was eating cereal with water in it. He still kept a very good mindset though, even during this time he still thought to himself that he was much better off than many people in the world. He realised that there were still come people in the world that would kill for a bowl of cereal a day.
- Chris started working any job he could, he took any odd job that was available; even all the things that no one else would do so he could scrape some money together and go for his dreams.
- Eventually he got enough money together to kick off again and build some sites that made money; and while he was doing that every night he would visualise living in Costa Rica.
- Eventually his dream of living in Costa Rica started to manifest and he stepped back and realised it was manifesting almost on autopilot without his interaction. Chris says that the visualising he did every night eventually kicked in and the universe took over delivering his dream to live in Costa Rica.
- Chris built an MLM company. He experienced his first wealth in this and was introduced to personal development and many of the great books we talk about on the Authority Marketing Podcast Show.
- The One Effect – It’s and experiment to change the world. It’s one act of kindness a day and trying to pay it forward and share the message for others to do one act of kindness each day. Do something nice for someone every day and because you did that maybe that person down the track will do the same for someone else. The ripple effect of kindness.
- Chris funds and raises money for villages and people all over the world that are in need. Everything from creating libraries, schools, brining fresh water to people, and really just doing great socially responsible projects. The One Effect has built a farm in Peru, now seeking to create a home for children that have been sold into slavery in Ghana and in a years time seeking to start five more projects.
- The One Effect also publishes weekly personal growth articles and videos to help people changes their lives and achieve their dreams.
- The money for The One Effect projects are typically financed using social media and micro-financing. They also do like fund raising exercises that people can join in and get sponsors etc.