AF004: How To Grow A Podcast with John Lee Dumas, Part-2
How To Grow A Podcast with John Lee Dumas, Part-2
How does a starting entrepreneur crush their limiting beliefs, break down the barriers holding them back and build a successful?
Find out in this episode of The Authority Marketing Podcast as John Lee Dumas from Entrepreneur on Fire shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about entrepreneurship, podcasting and success.
John is the star of Entrepreneur on Fire the iTunes 2013 ranked number-1 podcast on Entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneur on Fire is a podcast that starting out entrepreneurs by providing insight into the entrepreneurial journey and inspiration to help entrepreneurs press on.
What do you think about outsourcing?
- John loves outsourcing, Fiverr, 99Designs.
Habit you’ve formed that helped you succeed?
- Getting up very early, get more done before 9:00am then the rest of the world does in their whole day.
Most inspirational movie of all time?
- Brave Heart – don’t give up, keep pushing forward.
Best way to achieve expert market positioning?
- Become the authority figure in your niche by podcasting.
How do you set and measure goals?
- Don’t plan to far in advance, have a 3 and a 6 month plan and follow them.
Independence in 90 Days:
- Step 1: focus first and foremost on building an audience in a niche your passionate about
- Step 2: Invest your money into a great: microphone, a good computer, linda.com, research great guests to get on the show, an audio editing suite
- Step 3: Start implementing; hire a mentor, join a mastermind, and start diving deep into how everything fits togethers
- Step 4: We’re now at the fourth week; now John would really start to focus on building relationships with the potential guests, emailing them, scheduling interviews, getting the podcast launched via email, social media, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Sound Cloud
- Step 5: Get your home base setup, your website, build a give away, get your email list setup
- Step 6: Start to really listen to your audience when they send emails or contact you, and use that feedback to build a product that fills that need.
- Step 7: Start bringing in the money through sales of your new product.
- Schedule Once – A scheduling app.
Amazing Business Insight:
- In this modern world with the right focus it’s possible to build businesses that make up to $200,000 a month from your home computer. These businesses can have costs that are under 15% of the total revenue; which flips the traditional costs model on its head.