AF005: Entrepreneurs Living on Purpose with Cory Boatright, Part-1
Entrepreneurs living on purpose with Cory Boatright, Part-1
How does a starting entrepreneur crush their limiting beliefs, break down the barriers holding them back and build a location independent business that sets them free?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as Cory Boatright from Coryboatright.com shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about mindset, online marketing and investing.
Cory is a serial entrepreneur but even more so a passionate motivator and caring mentor to many of the best. He’s a skilled real estate investor, information marketer, traditional business operator, expert in mind dynamics and an incredible internet marketer.
With all that said on top of all that Cory is just a wonderful person as I think you’ll quickly realise listening to this interview.
This is part-1 of a (2) part episode!
Cory gave and delivered so much that we ended up going for more than 2 hours, therefore to help you consume this I’ve cut the episode into two chunks for you.. Enjoy!
- Contact Josh to Sponsor the Authority Marketing Podcast Show.
New Think & Grow Rich Chapter:
- Remember To Be A Servant
Message Of The Chapter:
- The entrepreneurial marketplace doesn’t just need more “leaders”. It needs more servant leadership. It needs more entrepreneurs that believe in the giving first mindset; sowing seeds of “how can I help you” type mindset , instead of “what can you do for me?”
Impact From Books:
- It’s huge! Cory reads over 200 books a year, 1 book a week. It’s Cory’s secret to dislodging many challenges in life.
- The E-Myth Revisited – By Michael Gerber – This book is recommended for the amazing details on systems thinking.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People – By Dale Carnegie – This book to learn how to build powerful relationships
Cory said these are the first 3 books he has all of his students read to give them the right foundation for building successful businesses. It’s also important with this to realise the Cory also said he reads a book a week using speed reading; often reading more than 52 books every year.
Cory believes as do I that books are one of the best ways to grow your mind into the powerful machine it needs to become so that it carries you to wherever you want to go in life and business.
- Realise that there are many people that have been through what your experiencing before; therefore there is people out there that can help you get through it. i.e. Join a mastermind or even better get a mentor.
- Start the day being grateful! Cory starts the day by saying to himself in the shower “My worst day is someone else’s paradise”.
- Push forward be a rhino! Don’t give up so easy, when you experience difficulty, find help, keep pushing and find a way through it.
- Sold 10,000 Ginsu Knifes on eBay at $1.50 a set and charged $10.00 on shipping.
- Sold Plasma TV’s on eBay in bulk at the time when they were $10,000 to $15,000 a unit.
- Reproduced legal information videos for attorneys, cut their production price in half.
- Getting a feel for Cory this is probably only a sample of what he has actually done.
- The most successful of all these businesses was the Plasma TV’s sold in bulk. He ended up selling them to government companies and wealthy individuals. One of the smartest things he did here was built a list of the buyers. He was then able to later use the list of wealthy individuals to kick of his real estate business. There’s a huge lesson in that!
- Most powerful lesson from previous businesses: Pain that you have experienced in life can be leveraged as a positive. 1. To push you forward and 2. To transform into stories that allow you to relate to others because everyone has been through very difficult times in their lives and your pain can help you connect to them on a very deep level.
- www.coryboatright.com – this is Cory’s home platform where he blogs and journals his businesses and lives experience. You can also find most of Cory’s current businesses here.
- Cory’s current businesses include: Mentoring, Information Marketing, Real Estate Investment Coaching, Online Marketing, Selling T-Shirt’s on Demand and A Charitable Project Called Remember Be A Servant.