AF348: Building World Class Businesses with Rohan Gilkes
Building World Class Businesses with Rohan Gilkes
Today’s guest Rohan Gilkes is a serial entrepreneur that has founded and served as CEO of several successful companies, including:
- Launch27.com (A SaaS product)
- LawnTribe.com (An online booking platform for local services)
- Wetshaveclub.com (A subscription box service)
He is always in the process of forming more companies through his very unique methods of being able to manage his companies in a very entrepreneurial fashion, requiring little of his input once the are off the ground.
He has been featured in the Washington Post, Mixergy, and other business publications and in 2011, he was honored with a Community Award in Startup Leadership by the city of Fairfax, Virginia. He serves on the advisory board of a number of local startups and co-founded the startup incubator DistrictBlooms.com.
He has developed and presented business case studies for Catholic University’s MBA program and is a regular speaker at local business and startup conferences. Rohan consults on branding efforts, customer acquisition, and user experience. Member of the Young Entrepreneur’s Council.
This interview has been one of my very favourites to date. I can tell you know if you’re serious about creating world class businesses and one day having a big fifty or hundred million dollar plus exit then you will want to listen to this episode.
Every single process within your business has to be improved. Everything in your business has to be improved. There is no process in your business right now that is good enough.
There should be no sacred cows in your business!
You need to be constantly going back to your processes even the ones that were good enough at the time and improve them further. You can not be married to anything in your business.
In This Episode:
- The importance of optimizing every single process.
- Kicking of companies then letting managers run them.
- How to build multiple companies to 7 figures.
- The art of serving people is the art of wealth creation.
- Finding amazing people to staff your companies.
- The critical elements that must be optimized.
- The initial launch of a new business and beyond.
- What you need to know about minimum viable products.
- Brules (bull shit rules in your mind that must be crushed).
- Rohan’s thinking style that leads him to incredible successes.