AF017: Building SaaS Businesses with Matt Kress, Part-2
Building SaaS Businesses with Matt Kress, Part-2
Would you like to learn about relationship Based CRM’s and Saas Businesses?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as Matt Kress from Relately shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about growing a location independent business, SaaS Businesses and Marketing.
Matt Kress is the star of Relately. He’s a skilled Online Marketer, Software Developer and SaaS Entrepreneur. Your in for a treat as Matt Kress is about to share all that experience with you now.
- Ready Fire Aim – The idea that you ready yourself up a little bit; then just take a shot. Don’t spend forever getting perfect; spend a bit of time; then fire; then improve it after.
- Play It Away – This book is about remembering to get out to play. Take some time off to have some fun, take a short holiday and have some fun. Having some fun will make your more productive and improve your life in multiple ways.
- There is always obstacles that really don’t matter as much in the long run. Don’t worry about things like the perfect ways to write off tax, getting the best incorporation setup, trying to learn to setup website yourself. Just get started and get help from others to get them done. Just smash through stuff, but most importantly hustle!
- Oh man this is a good one! The best lessons I ever learned were from previous ventures. I feel into the idea that there was ways to make push button money. I tries the push button $100 Adsense sites, I got one then I though I need this much money so I need like 100 sites. But I wasn’t thinking straight if I really thought about it I would have realised that 99% of people will get zero value from these sites.
- Which lead me to my biggest business lesson which is: How can I created businesses and services that really help people improve their businesses and their lives. Once I got this lesson I started to get successful pretty quickly…
- Relately – Is a relationship based CRM that Matt has built to very simply help you keep on top of the most important element of your business which is the relationships that you’ve developed. It reminds you to call people after a time frame that you set, reminds you to email, you can even set reminder templates that will remind you to for example:
- Call after 15 days; then email 10 days after that; then say call again in 30 days; then loop back.
Secret Totems of Online Success:
Most important element to location independent success?
- Providing value to people that aren’t in your specific location.
First foundation to lay in an internet business?
- You have to be able to create value in some way that you can charge money for it.
Fastest way to build a targeted email list?
- Create content daily: One of the following: Podcast, Videos, YouTube or Blog Content.
Best paid online traffic strategy?
- Lots of gains are being had by people with Facebook Ads.
Best offline lead generation strategy?
- Sending some kind of package to your prospective package. Like a letter with something in it.
Who taught you the most about business?
- The sales trainer at one of Matts old jobs. His site is www.bunnellideagroup.com
Best training program you’ve ever taken?
- Programming courses on Udemy and Udacity. Amy Hoys 30X by 500 would be the best which is on finding your audience and their pain points. Then creating an offer and a sales pitch; then selling the product first. Once you have a stack of sales then create the product.
Independence in 90 Days:
- Go buy a cheap WordPress theme from WooTheme or Theme Forest.
- Go buy a domain from BlueHost.
- Get your hosting from BlueHost.
- Install WordPress and Upload the Theme.
- Add content to WordPress that explains what you do and how you help people.
- Do Not spend much time on the website.
- Now spend as much time as you can communicating with people on what you do.
- Use the phone, email, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, any medium you can to tell people what you do.
- The on top spend 45 minutes each day researching the right people and businesses to use your services.
- Then spend the next hour and 45 minutes sending very customised emails asking them if you can help them.
- Then start to research people more closely find out what their problems are, their pain points, etc.
- Then start sending more tailored follow up emails saying like do you experience this problem, would you consider this solution, then this problem; then ask what other problems do you have; what services would you consider for that issue.
- You’ll be surprised how many people will reply if you communicate authentically, or your seek out peoples current questions.
- If you do that daily within the first 8 weeks you should have several clients on board already that have given you money.
- Then just keep rinsing and repeating and you’ll be on an island sipping your coconut before you know it!
- Bunnell Idea Group: Matt’s sales trainer from an old job.
Amazing Business Insight:
- “If you focus on solving peoples problems and helping them improve as your core business activity, you will absolutely become successful” – Matt Kress
- Relate.ly: Matt’s Relationship CRM
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mattkress