AF023: Automation and Email Marketing with Damian Thompson, Part-2
Automation and Email Marketing with Damian Thompson, Part-2
How would you like to win clients faster, obtain clients longer and create market leadership using automation?
What about have revenue coming into your business account almost on autopilot?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as Damian Thompson from Linchpin shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about email marketing, automation and growing businesses by delivering the right messages at the right times.
Damian Thompson is the star of Linchpin. He’s a skilled email automation expert, market leadership consultant and copywriter. Your in for a treat as Damian is about to share all that experience with you now.
- Linchpin – Damian’s business is an automation company that specialises in sales and marketing automation. He helps businesses get their email marketing / CRM / segmentation software setup. Then once the foundation is setup and built into his clients business then together with his clients Damian starts to build the right messages to go out to the right segments of your market at the right times.
Secret Totems of Online Success:
Most important element to location independent success?
- Committed to what your doing.
First foundation to lay in an internet business?
- Develop a skill set.
Fastest way to build a targeted email list?
- Have a clear understanding of your market and deliver value to them.
Best paid online traffic strategy?
- Facebook Ads is really powerful.
Best offline lead generation strategy?
- Direct Mail not even close the best by far! No one gets mail anymore, get into it..
Biggest mistakes new entrepreneurs & beginner online marketers make?
- Copying the guru’s without being at that level yet and without getting a thorough understanding of their entire funnels, systems and processes.
- Buy a list of names and addresses of people that have shown interest in your market.
- Send a postcard to them first because its the cheapest to work out which addresses are legit.
- Then once you figure out that 150 out of the 1000 addresses don’t return, send lumpy mail to the 150 because they will definitely get opened and you’ll learn what the true conversation rate is.
- Do this right and you’ll have a none stop supply of leads and buyers.
- Make sure you track ROI.
Note from Josh: I’ve even heard of 5% to 10% conversion rate with lumpy mail.
Independence in 90 Days:
- Start a consulting business (which Damian underscores with the knowledge that “yes” this is trading hours for dollars, however if you do it for a short while, then you’ll gain the skills needed, the freedom and money to build a semi-automated income business).
- Have a clear target market in mind and a strong value proposition.
- Figure out how you’re going to get in front of the people that you want to work with.
- Then get to work, start talking to people and sell your service
Other advice Damian gave: Don’t try to focus on to many things, ideally focus on getting really good at just one thing. i.e. Podcasting, Blogging, Guest Posting, Webinars. Whatever it is, especially if your working during the day and only have evenings and weekends then you only want to focus on getting great at one thing!
- RSS Reader – that allows you to aggregate all the best blog to read.
- Recommended blogs: QuickSprout ; CopyBlogger ; Top 10 Venture Capitalists Blogs
Amazing Business Insight:
- “You might not be able to be the best in the world at accounting. But you probably can be the best in the world at expenses for small businesses online. Niche down, figure out what you can be the best in the world at, do that thing and focus on it”. – Damian Thompson
- Linchpin.net: Damian’s Automation Consulting and Service Business.
- Twitter: @DamianThompson