AF050: How to Succeed Online with David McKeegan, Part-2
How to Succeed Online with David McKeegan, Part-2
In this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast David McKeegan from Greenback Expat Tax Services shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about Online Business, Conversions and Growing a Giant Customer Base.
David McKeegan is the star of Greenback Expat Tax Services. He’s a skilled International Tax Accountant, Entrepreneur, A Superstar Online Marketer and Location Independent Business Owner. Your in for a treat as David is about to share all that experience with you now.
Secret Totems of Online Success:
Most important element to location independent success?
- Good internet signal.
First foundation to lay in an internet business?
- The revenue model, how are you going to make money on it.
Fastest way to build a targeted email list?
- Offer something of quality that people need.
Best paid online traffic strategy?
- Google Adwords.
Who taught you the most about business?
- David’s wife gives him all her pre-read new business books. So his wife.
Best way to delegate?
- Use great sites like Podio and have written processes.
Best training program you’ve ever taken?
- The MBA program that David did he said was the best training he ever did.
Biggest mistakes new entrepreneurs & beginner online marketers make?
- People read the book and think they can get their business built in just 4 hours a week so they don’t create a business or service that is as good as it can possibly be.
Recommend resource that you use every day?
- Google for doing research.
Independence in 90 Days:
- Iron out the product or service that you’ll be offering (write a 3 page business plan to clarify it in your own mind)
- Ideally to kick off quick you’ll be looking at either a service, drop shipping or something like that.
- Kick the idea around with people that you can trust to give you good ideas, not provide negative valueless observation
- Once you have crystallised the idea, you want to get it out to market as quickly as possible.
- The initial launch is to really start collecting lots of customer data, what did they like, not like, buy, not buy, what could have been better, find out all that kind of stuff. Collect as much data as you can.
- Then use the data you have collected to re-launch a significantly upgraded version of your product or service
- After the relaunch you still want to be pretty focused on collecting data and surveying for improvement
- You want to do possibly one more relaunch, then from there you will just keep listening and improving.
- Once your business is really starting to crank and your product or service is really refined and getting lots of good feedback.
- Now you know that your on a winning business. You could if you wanted at that point do a multi pronged business launch with paid traffic, PR, affiliates, events, ask your current customers to promote for some kind of value in return.
Note from Josh: The real key to this strategy and really all business success is in your ability to not take feedback to heart, to in fact welcome and relish it in the knowledge that through it you can improve your business into something that becomes a very valuable business in the market.
Amazing Business Insight:
- “By changing your location your able to give yourself a much bigger run way in terms of how far your money will go with building a new business”. – David McKeegan
- Greenback Expat Tax Services: An online tax service for US expats.