AF025: How To Do Video Marketing with James Kennedy, Part-2
How To Do Video Marketing with James Kennedy, Part-2
How does a starting entrepreneur crush their limiting beliefs, break down the barriers holding them back and build a location independent business that sets them free?
Find out in this episode of the Authority Marketing Podcast as James Kennedy from Piehole.TV shares his journey, reveals what he’s learned about growth hacking, getting seed funding and living the location independent lifestyle.
James Kennedy is the star of Piehole.TV as the co-pilot with his wife Priscilla. He’s a skilled Software Developer, Google Analytics/Metrics Expert and Serial Internet Marketing Entrepreneur. Your in for a treat as James is about to share all that experience with you now.
- James main businesses are the voice over market place and the new SaaS service he is building for small business expenses. The video marketing business is mainly ran by his wife Priscilla with James assistance when needed.
5 to 10 Step Lesson:
Most important element to location independent success?
Strategy: Inside Online Sales from Zero to One Thousand Customers!!!
- First you must work out very clearly what people want; go get it and give it to them!
- Start with a simple one page; landing page with a strong head line, copy and offer that is coming soon.
- We want to see if 25% of people sign up to the coming soon offer to get an indication if it’s strong enough.
- We aren’t going to move forward on any kind of offer that doesn’t get at least 20% conversion rate.
- That’s may seem like a lot but that is the minim because there’s not money in our hands yet.
- You MUST ask for their phone number on the landing page, you need to talk to people (ITS THE KEY)!
- If you phone the people that signup for the coming soon offer that converts at 20%; your conversion to paying customers will go from 0.5% for example to as high as 10% conversion to buyers AND you will be able to ask them what features they want, what their biggest problems are, why they are interested in this solution, etc.
- When you do start making the calls; you do actually want a version of the product ready to sell. Which means you got the 20% conversion; you’ve thrown a beta version of a product together or something that will solve the problem SO you can actually sell something to them while your on the phone.
- The average sale value must be at least $80 per month. NOTE From Josh: I would suggest $100 – $1000 per month. Unless your doing SaaS and going for like 1000 customers.
- Now you need a long term email series that can go out to people, and ongoing calls for the people who buy and the people that don’t so you will need a CRM to follow up.
Independence in 90 Days:
- Run the exact strategy above that James recommended in the five to 10 step lesson to help location independents. Listen to the podcast for more on his strategy!
Please comment below with your thoughts on taking people offline to the phone from online. Do you feel comfortable about it? Do you do it? Would you do it? What questions do you have? Please let us know!
- Pomodoro Technique – A technique to be more productive
- Startup Chilie – A program where the Chilean government will reimburse you 20k to 40k to do an entrepreneurial startup in their country.
Amazing Business Insight:
- “The thing that will have the biggest impact on where we end up over time is out habits” – James Kennedy.
- Piehole.tv: Awesome explainer videos
- Twitter: @jameskennedy
- James Blog: www.jameskennedy.ie